My trip to China was full of questions. Here goes:
Air and Water Quality:
- Will I need a face mask?
- Will I be able to breathe?
- Will I return home with an inoperable disease based on the water I drink or the air I breathe
- Will I be too hot in what I brought to wear and/or perform in?
- Will I be too cold?
- Will I have enough?
- Will I have too much?
- Will my suitcase be too big or small?
- How can I communicate with the Chinese people?
- Do I need to know the Chinese word for "help!"?
- How do we travel across the city?
- Will the transportation (i.e. busses, trains, planes, subway, cabs) be dirty?
- Will I be able to read the maps?
- Do I need to bring people gifts?
- What is the exchange rate?
What I did not wonder about is interesting...
I did not wonder about
- having a good time
- enjoying performing in China
- making the stories make sense in China
- eating great food
- enjoying my time with my leader Sonia.
And of course, all my questions were answered. I am alive and well, and had a great time eating good food around good people.