Thursday, April 16, 2015

N is for NANCY DREW

N is for Nancy Drew - Girl Detective!

Oh how I loved Nancy Drew.  She was brave, she was strong, she was well loved, she was smart, she was respected. She had great friends in Bess and George, a marvelous boyfriend Ned, a loving father and a caring housekeeper.

Oh, and she was blond or brunette, petite and well dressed.  I wanted to be Nancy Drew!

My body was curvy and well filled out, my mouth never stopped running, and my clothes could always use help both in style and care.  Nancy seemed to breeze through life, just perfect in most if not all these details.

But I knew I could be a detective.  I was smart and intrusive, inquisitive and thoughtful. I was not afraid to push past the boundaries and I was not afraid to say what I figured out.  I was also patriotic, brave and cared about justice.

More about me and Nancy another time.

Till then, my friends....dream a little dream of a girl detective like Nancy.  Only her name is Robin!

2 comments:

  1. I always wanted to be George. So much so that my first attempts at fiction were written under the pen name Georgianna Sue Higgins. You aspired to Nancy-hood, though! I never had that much self-confidence.

    ReplyDelete