Monday, April 27, 2015

W is for Watermelon

Here's a riddle:

What is juicy
Can be eaten
Can be drunk
And can be planted in a garden?

A watermelon!  

My favorite summer fruit is watermelon. Pink, or yellow, succulent, juicy, preferably with seeds (they taste so sweet when you bite into them, followed by a little bitter.)

My mother told me that if I swallowed the seeds, I would grow watermelons in my belly. So I swallowed them and waited...alas, no sprouting and no beautifully formed fruits grew in my belly.  I tried and tried, and I still try when I can find the rare watermelon that still has seeds.  Yummy!

3 comments:

  1. I love watermelon, too. I did not risk eating seeds as a kid. (Why do parents tell kids that anyway?) Even if A to Z is "sooooo much work" as inferred by the S post, it looks like you're having fun with the challenge. :) Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww. thanks, CareymcLaughin. I am definitely going through them, and yes...having fun.

      PS. try swallowing them...the waiting till sprout time is fun!

      Delete
  2. It's not one of my favorites, but it IS the most refreshing fruit...
    I prefer bananas.
    My mom always says that lazy fruit eaters opt for banana. I think she has a point...

    Popping in from the A to Z Challenge.
    Nice to meet you!
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete