Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Y is for YELLOW


They call me mellow YELLOW
that's right
They call me mellow YELLOW
that's right
They call me mellow YELLOW

I never understood that bit of the wonderful song by Donavan...MELLOW yellow? Yellow is bright, loud, strong! I thought of yellow only being like the yellow in the flower logo in the Blogging A to Z Challenge. How could it be mellow? 

I have always liked yellow, and I tried to wear it. You know, fabulous yellow sundresses, and hats and blouses. Spring, summer time; I would look like the season felt! Problem was, I could not wear the color. It made me look "sallow." What a terrible disappointment!

And then, in my 30's, I had a breakthrough. Through the "science" and magic of color analysis, I found the perfect yellow to use in my wardrobe. Soft, lemony, sweet; it was a mellow yellow indeed.  Finally, my wardrobe bloomed like a tulip mimicking the sun. A soft sun, of course.

"They call me mellow yellow
that's right."

Thanks, Donavan. You knew~ you always knew.

Quite rightly.


No comments:

Post a Comment