Sunday, April 3, 2016

C is for CATS




   is for CATS

Give me a C
Give me an A
Give me a T
Give me an S
What does that spell?
CATS!

Anyone who knows me knows I love cats. This love affair started when I was 8 years old.  My Aunt Fran bestowed upon my family two Siamese, one called Cleo and the other named Patra. They became my cats. They walked with me down the street, slept with me, came when I called, cuddled up with me,  even tried to have kittens in my bed! We became each other's familiars.

Whenever I travel, I can't help but notice cat - people with cats, cats walking in and out of stores, cats on the streets, cats on chairs, cats in the grass. In China, I saw them everywhere.  Here are some of them. I was not able to get a picture of the first feline I encountered. It was curled up on a bench in a restaurant the first day I arrived. When we sat down next to it, it jumped up and out a window.

Oh…and I included a bird which I had never seen. You bird lovers – can anyone tell me what kind of bird it is?

Sonia was very patient with me as I stopped, walked backwards, waited, or shot out from behind her to get a shot of the kitty.  She is not such a cat lover, though she is willing to acknowledge their presence.


(By the way, I was able to upload the Beijing pictures.  Go backwards to B is for Beijing, and take a look.)


This was the first cutie I saw, in and among the bamboo in Shanghai. It was a perfect introduction to cats in China.



This orange cat was all over the hotel we stayed at in Shenzhen. On the chairs, on the walkways, under the tables.  He was a cutie, but never let me stroke him.  



Here he is playing hide and seek.



This little guy was walking the street down from our hotel in Shenzhen.  He was playing among the fallen red flowers on the ground.  




This cat was in and out of a store in Beijing. He had on a collar, so I guess he belonged there.



Another Beijing cat.




And here's another one.  From Wuxi, I think. I am not sure.  Looks a bit bedraggled.  But sweet.



Just to be fair to bird lovers, here is a bird I saw all over China.  Does anyone know what kind of bird this is?  This bird is part of the "scenery" of the great lawns at the Temple of Heaven.





8 comments:

  1. Very Cool Robyn, thanks for sharing! Sorry about the air, love the cats and the bird must be a Chinese relative of American Magpies :-) Happy Trails Linda Parkhurst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I have to show you some pictures of horse paintings I saw in China. Took them for you.
      hugs

      Delete
  2. We rescued our first family pet this last year, a black cat my 8 year old named Midnight. He has a peculiar dog-like personality with cat eccentricities that we love. He has stolen our hearts and my son is now a self-declared cat person who wants to rescue all the homeless cats in the world.

    *waves* Stopping by on the A to Z trail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first cat (in the whole world) had those dog like personality traits. Followed me down the street. I always just thought she was more intelligent than the other cats.

      How lovely your son is a cat person! Please tell him that I take care of some street cats (which we had neutered) in my backyard.

      Delete
  3. I could have sworn that the cat in the red collar was in Nanchan Jie, the old street in Wuxi. Maybe it was another cat. They all look pretty much the same to me, you know. Thanks for understating how I feel about cats. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cats, too. We have two. Both black. One long haired, one short haired. I have to agree with Linda up there. That bird does look like a magpie. Interesting post.
    Calen~
    Impromptu Promptlings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too...one of the many reasons we loved Istanbul

    =^:^=

    @cassmob from
    Family History Across The Seas

    ReplyDelete