Wednesday, April 13, 2016

J is for JET LAG

is for JETLAG

 is for JET LAG


Jetlag is the condition that says you are fine... If only you could get some sleep. If only you were not so dizzy or spacey. If only you were hungry or not so tired. If only you could stop eating even though you are not hungry. If only you could focus.

I have been told all sorts of ways to combat jet lag.  
  1. take melatonin
  2. do not sleep until the 9 or 10 PM at your destination
  3. take naps
  4. do not take naps
  5. no coffee
  6. lots of caffeine
  7. it takes one day for each time zone you have crossed for your body to become normalized.

The time difference between China and NYC is 13 hours.  Did it take 13 days?  Well, let me just say that I was not quite "myself" for a while, but every night I slept soundly, except when I did not - and that the trip was worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I did apply my recipe on you. You arrived on Friday evening and by Sunday evening you had walked at least 30 km! So maybe even that does not work very well.

    ReplyDelete